Visteon is a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the worlds major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, connected audio, and connectivity and telematics; its brands include Lightscape, OpenAir and SmartCore. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has nearly 11,000 employees at 50 facilities in 19 countries. Visteon had $3.1 billion in electronics sales over the last 12 months. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
A top-three cockpit electronics player delivering a rich, connected cockpit experience for every car from luxury to entry.
- Maintain Hardware Timeline / update actuals.
- Manage changes to the hardware, in conjunction with the project change control board.
- Maintain a list of hardware issues, and highlight risks to the program (e.g. via RIO) where appropriate.
Develop hardware design to facilitate Printed Wired Board (PWB) design:
- Collect and summarize hardware requirements - identify and document all the requirement sources that apply to the hardware design.
- Create hardware schematic and EE bill of materials (EE BOM) to deliver functionality as defined in the hardware requirements.
- Develop requirements for PWB layout (e.g. in CES)
- Lead Pre-Layout Design Review (TDR) and obtain pre-layout approvals for the schematic from all related disciplines: HW Core, EMC, Displays/Optics, Illumination, Mechanics, Manufacturing, etc.
- Lead Post-Layout Review and obtain post-layout approvals from all related disciplines: HW Core, EMC, Displays/Optics, Illumination, Mechanics, Manufacturing, etc.
- Develop and maintain Module Analysis Plan, and detailed WCCA, SITA and Hardware Verification Test plans.
- Carry out worst-case analysis of circuits using appropriate analysis and simulation tools:
- Signal integrity, timing (SITA) and power integrity analysis where required by the design.
- Develop and release the HW-SW Interface Specification (HSIS) in conjunction with the software engineer(s) and system engineer(s).
- Lead acceptance testing / board bring-up and fault-finding for prototype builds of hardware.
- Maintain prototype hardware within Visteon and used by customers.
- Carry out testing of the hardware as defined in the test plan: including Bench testing, EMC, SITA, HSIS verifications and Customer Specified Verification Tests (as required).
- Identify Circuit bookshelf candidates
- Customer design review meetings
- System feature teams
- FMEAs (concept, design, system, etc.)
- EMC test plan
- HW Core Review and Pre-Layout Approval during Pre-Layout Design Review (TDR)
- PWB layout interface with ECAD engineer to obtain best outcome
- EMC Design Validation (DV) testing
- Prototype builds at plant
- Test & Calibration Specification (as required)
- Request For Quote (RFQ)
- Reviews and approves draft schematic (HW concept TDR) alongside SW Prod. Line Architect, HW Tech. Fellow, EMC Apps. Eng.; Manuf. Eng.; SITA Eng. and Safety Engineer.
- Approves changes to hardware during development.
- Reviews and approves HW-SW Interface Specification (HSIS) alongside SW Eng., HW Tech. Fellow, Display Eng., Illumination Eng. and EMC Apps. Eng.
- Reviews and approves the PWB layout during Post-Layout Review by all related disciplines.
- Has the authority to give approval for starting testing.
- Reviews the hardware test results alongside EMC Apps. Eng. and Tech. Fellow.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:Other, Post Graduation Not Required
Visteon Technical and Services Centre Pvt. Ltd.